Clix Prestige is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Clix Prestige
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
· If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
· We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
· Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser
and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
· To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
· To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
· To speed up your searches.
· To recognise you when you return to our site.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
· To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
· To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, our customers, or others.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How Can You Control Your Data?
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in section 4, when you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict our use of your data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails and at the point of providing your details.
You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
Your Right to Withhold Information
You may access Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact us for more details HERE, or using the contact details below in section 14.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us via email.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.